Sunday, March 2, 2014

Hello, Sunshine!

The Deconstructed Sketch has a fun, circular card sketch this week and I decided to play along using some MME 6x6 paper pads that I can't seem to get enough of lately. I've also been getting a lot of use out of the cute CTMH 'You Are My Happy' stamp set.  For this card, I used the sun stamp that I stamped twice, fussy cut (I ended up cutting out the dotted rays altogether), and paper pieced.  I coloured it with Copics and gave the sun some extra shine with Liquid Glass.  The clouds were punched out using a Fiskars cloud punch and layered with 3D foam tape.  The sentiment is from Verve's 'Artful Elegance'.  I had paper pierced the kraft layer, but thought it looked a little plain, so I decided to hand stitch it with some hemp twine.




Hope it's sunny where you are!
Thanks for looking :)

Supplies Used:
Paper: CTMH Dotty for You, Colonial White, Black, Kraft; My Mind's Eye Springtime, Stella & Rose 
Stamps: CTMH You Are My Happy; Verve Artful Elegance
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black; SU Only Orange
Other:  Fiskars cloud punch; Fiskars circle cutter; CTMH Liquid Glass; hemp twine; Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circles; Cuttlebug

2 comments:

  1. Tania - you're on a cheery, springy card roll! I love this :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen. Hoping to make another with the same stamp set - maybe the butterfly next time :))

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...
thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!