Thursday, November 13, 2014

Christmas Ornament Shaker Card

I love the colours that Julee chose for this month's Viva La Verve contest-and her latest cards are just gorgeous!  She inspired me to play along with both the Diva Dare and the Viva La Verve November challenges.  I decided to have a go at making a shaker card.  I was aiming to make a frosted ornament using vellum (the theme for the Diva Dare) using one of the ornaments from Verve's 'Ornamental Christmas' stamp set.  I didn't follow any specific instructions, just sort of winged it, and was happy with how it turned out.  The background and the sentiment were both created using the same stamp set.






As I was browsing some of my favourite challenge blogs, I was happy to see that my card also qualifies for The Paper Players colour challenge this week:



Thanks for stopping by :)


Supplies Used:
Paper: All CTMH; Recollections vellum
Stamps: Verve 'Ornamental Christmas'
Inks: CTMH New England Ivy, Bamboo, Holiday Red
Other: Verve 'Shine Bright' sequins; green & red sequins unknown; Cuttlebug; The Paper Studio Woodgrain embossing folder; Stickles; 3-d foam tape; ribbon & gem unknown

8 comments:

  1. Such a fun card! I love shaker! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tania, this is just gorgeous! I love the glittery ornament and the shaker card! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable!! Love the vellum on the shaker and great use of the sketch too :) Thanks for joining us for this month's Diva Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies for your sweet compliments :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tania, this is stunning! Like this traditional look and layered ball.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cool card. Love the ornament shaker and the fabulous stamped background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julee - yes, I loved how the background turned out too :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts...
thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!